I’ve started counting macros lately and I STRUGGLE to hit my protein goal every single day. Luckily, a Burn Boot Camp trainer introduced me to these protein oat cookies. They use one of my newest obsessions: Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. They’re made of only 3 ingredients that you can pronounce, taste just like the chocolate chips you grew up with, but without the guilt. You can buy them on Amazon or at the grocery in the baking section (we’ve found them in Target).
These cookies are healthy, full of protein and taste like something a normal person would eat. They’re the perfect mid-afternoon/after-dinner snack, something quick to eat on-the-go or between double doses of workouts. You can also crumple them up and use it as a topping for your yogurt.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- 3 cups gluten free oats (do NOT use steel cut. They completely change the consistency and crumble in your hand)
- 4 scoops of protein (only 2 scoops of your protein scoop is a larger one). I’ve used chocolate peanut butter protein. Experiment with different flavor to find which works best for you
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened apple sauce (half a jar)
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dribble of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (fake chocolate chips, so dang good)
- Spray coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oats, protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla then apple sauce. Mix well
- Once combined add almond butter
- Once thoroughly mixed add mini chocolate chips and mix
- Spray two cookie sheets with coconut oil and use an ice cream scooper (or two spoons) to place mixture onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Flip each and smush until flattened then return to oven for a final 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serving size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbs: 19.2g
- Protein: 5g
These have truly become a staple in our house. What other high protein snacks do you love? Tell us in the comments!